BIRTH DOULA (Tier 2)
- Brand: Birthwell Los Angeles
- Availability: In Stock
RESPONSIBILITIES OF OUR BIRTH DOULAS IN LOS ANGELES Support the family by facilitating a nurturing and gentle birth experience. Carefully considering the mother’s birth wishes and facilitating this vision Ensure that the baby comes into the world with as little birth trauma as possible. Initiate infant and parent bonding......
RESPONSIBILITIES OF OUR BIRTH DOULAS IN LOS ANGELES
- Support the family by facilitating a nurturing and gentle birth experience. Carefully considering the mother’s birth wishes and facilitating this vision
- Ensure that the baby comes into the world with as little birth trauma as possible.
- Initiate infant and parent bonding and provide breastfeeding support.
- Teach the birth partner and family how to best support the mother during the birth.
- Empower the mother’s partner by facilitating the bonding of the couple.
- Care for the emotional needs of mother and family.
- Translate confusing hospital information to decrease anxiety.
- Advocate for families in the hospital.
- Make suggestions concerning labor positioning.
- Offer natural pain management such as hypnobirthing, hydrotherapy, visualization, aromatherapy, sound and breath work.
- Give massage and/or acupressure, and nurturing comfort measures.
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
Two Prenatal Appointments:
During pregnancy, your Angel will get to know you and your partner through 2 prenatal appointments, conducted in the comfort of your own home, and usually lasting 1-2 hours each. During these appointments, she will gain a solid understanding of your desires and concerns about the birth and will help you create your birth plan. She will help alleviate your fears by assisting you in making major birthing decisions.
Your Birthwell Angel Doula is officially on call two weeks before and two weeks after your due date. Should your baby come early, your doula will likely be able to be at your side. She is available via phone and email at any time for the support you need.
Your Angel birth doula understands the psychology and emotions you’ll be going through. During your labor, she provides continuous support that begins in your home as soon as you need it. We are unique in that our doulas will attend your entire birth from start to finish. Our Angel Doulas are experts in labor support and skilled at providing excellent comfort measures.
She will provide emotional support for you and your partner and guide (at their own comfort level) your partner in supporting you.
Your Angel Doula will stay with you after the birth until your baby has established suckling at the breast, and until you and your partner are fed as well―usually about an hour or so. If there are complications she will stay with you as long as you need her.
Two Postpartum Appointments:
Birthwell Angel Doulas are unique in that she will provide two postpartum visits instead of one. She wants to make sure your breastfeeding is going well and that you have time to process your birth story. Your Angel will keep in touch via phone the first few days and schedule postpartum appointments to review your birth experience and answer any questions or concerns. Your Angel doula can also refer you to one of Birthwell’s lactation consultants if needed.
Myth 1: I can’t have an epidural if I have a doula.
Myth 2: I can’t have a doula if having a ‘C’ Section.
Myth 3: I don’t need a doula if I have a home birth.
Myth 4: Having a doula will replace my partner.
BIRTHWELL ANGEL DOULA PRICING
- Tier 2: $1,400 10-25 births attended